TF31002: Unable to connect to this Team Foundation Server VS 2008
The information in this post applies to connecting Visual Studio 2008 to Team Foundation Server 2010, 2012, 2013.
Before beginning I am assuming that you already installed Visual Studio 2008 on your workstation and did the following:
Now you will perform the following steps to connect to your Team Foundation Server from Visual Studio 2008:
- Open the Tools menu and click on the “Connect to Team Foundation Server…” option.
- Click on the “Servers…” button.
- Click the “Add…” button.
- Supply http://blah:8008/tfs/YourCollectionName for the server name field where “blah” is the Team Foundation Server for your account and “YourCollectionName” is the collection name.
- When prompted, supply your sign-in credentials.
- Click on the “Close” button.
- Select the projects that you have access to and then click on the “OK” button.