Search Results for "Nick Rubino"

Salesforce .NET Connection Pool

The following write-up will go through how to setup a connection to the Salesforce SOAP API using the Force.com Enterprise WSDL along with a custom connection pool wrapper I have written. I have used the repository pattern and object pool pattern to design a connection and connection pool for querying, saving, and deleting data from Salesforce through this SOAP API.
The connection pool code can be downloaded at the following github link.
https://github.com/nrubino/salesforce.connection
The code from the link above enables you to query against any out of the box object or property. To hook into your custom Salesforce environment objects and properties you will need to update the Web Reference in the salesforce.connection project as outlined here. Also do not forget to modify the wsdl before updating the Web Reference because of the known bug with the wsdl generated from Salesforce.
Once you have…

Entity Framework 7 Migrations and Source Control

When I first came across migrations in Entity Framework 6 I thought it was a fantastic way to track data model changes in a project.  This thought lasted until my team started to share and sync these migrations through source control.  Anyone that has attempted to use migrations on a development team will agree that it is very cumbersome to sync database changes across development environments.  Searching “on the line” for difficulties in using migrations on a team, you quickly find links to pages such as this, an MSDN article about how hard syncing EF migrations really are.  Most of the issues with EF6 migrations are due to the dependence on the __EFMigrationsHistory table EF6 creates and uses when creating migrations.  Since there was no easy way for devs to share this table, if two devs made changes since the most recent checkin there would…

Android Letter Section ListView

A recent project required me to create an Android ListView looking like the “out of the box” IOS ListView which separates the items by letter and has the letter at the top of each letter section (IOS example below):

Since there is no switch in Android Development to just turn this feature on, I created a generic library that can be customized and themed to fulfill these needs. This library can be pulled from our GitHub repository.

Kendo UI Window IE8 Error

While working on my most recent project using the Kendo UI Library I came across the following error when trying to inject html from a partial view into a Kendo UI Window.
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property ‘top’ of undefined or null reference kendo.all.min.js, line 26 character 30328
This error would only occur in IE8 and not IE10, Chrome, or Mozilla.

Android Date Picker Dialog

While looking for the best way to implement an input widget to retrieve the users’s Date of Birth I came across this input field while editing a contacts information in the generic People List that comes with the Android OS:

Crawling a .netTiers object.

A client project uses a .netTiers data access solution.  Some of my recent tasks involved working with the .netTiers layer of the project to perform copying and auditing of the application data.  Out of the box nettiers offers a convention that gives the ability to crawl through the entire structure of a large object graph.  This post describes a generic piece of code I wrote which can perform custom functions on a .netTiers object graph.
All .netTier objects inherit from a base class called EnitityBase which is what gives the ability crawl an object graph. Going through the following EntityCrawler class will give a better understanding of the importance of the EntityBase. Here is the code:
Code Walk-Through
Two private class variables (lines 3-4) : _touchedEntities is a list of EntityBases on the object graph that have been hit by the process. Since there…

SSIS FTP Task

 Experience 1 : No ServerPassword? 
The client required a scheduled transfer of multiple TIF files from one server to another over FTP.  Since this task was initially implemented using SSIS, the change seemed to be trivial; I would create a new FTP Connection in the job’s Connection Manager window and replace the current copy task (a Script Task using System.IO functions) with an FTP task inside a For Each Loop to iterate over each file, copying them one by one to the FTP server. 
 
 
 

 
 
 
After a few “trial and error”s due to some changes in the parameters the process ran successfully in debug mode from my local computer.  Happy that I had completed the task, I started the deployment to our QA server so that I could test a scheduled instance of the job.  This is where I ran into a bit…

\\\