Tallan's Technology Blog

Tallan's Top Technologists Share Their Thoughts on Today's Technology Challenges

Posts Tagged "Reporting Services"

Dynamics CRM2013 Reporting: Error Pre-Filtering Report w/ Multiple DataSources

Paul Gutierrez

On a recent client I had the task of making one of our already existing Dynamics CRM reports use pre-filtering. This is normally a very straight forward procedure and you can find steps to do this on the following link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb955092.aspx.
Now given the complexity of the query used to populate this specific report I needed to use explicit pre-filtering. Once again, this is something that should be fairly straight forward to do. After I finished adjusting the report to use explicit pre-filtering I then deployed my report out to CRM. But when I tried running the report I got the following error: The expected parameter has not been supplied for the report

Performance Point – the Good and the Bad – Part 2

Mark Frawley

This is Part 2 of Performance Point – the Good and the Bad – Part 1, which can be found at http://blog.tallan.com/2012/12/16/performance-point-the-good-and-the-bad/
That article focused on the good features of Performance Point (PP) out-of-the-box (OOTB).  This one focuses on the not-so-good features, or lack thereof – and some tips for dealling with some of these issues.  Given its focus, it is somewhat more technical and requiring of familiarity with the product than Part 1.

SSRS 2008 CSV Design Problem Solved: Creating a Text File With Special Delimiters

mbomberger

One day I was given an interesting requirement – I needed to design a report that would render as a delimited text file. My first thought was to make it a report designed to be exported as a CSV, but I soon realized that the specs for this report required that the columns be separated by a “~” instead of a comma. My next thought was, this would be so much easier to do in SSIS (Sql Server Integration Services) where it fully and robustly supports the transfer of data in batch files, but that was out of the question. As the CSV format in SSRS delimits the data by comma, I needed to come up with a different method.

Performance Point – the Good and the Bad – Part 1

Mark Frawley

This posting presumes the reader has at least a basic understanding of what Microsoft’s Performance Point (PP) offering is, at least at the level of wanting to assess whether it is appropriate for your requirements. Basic familiarity with Microsoft’s Analysis Services is also required to get the most out of the observations I provide. If you have that background, this two-part posting should prove helpful in making an assessment of whether PP might suit your requirements, in whole or in part.

Solution: Linked Reports in SSRS Print with Incorrect Size or Orientation

Overview
When deploying reports to an SSRS server, the server creates a record in the Catalog table.  this table holds the report location, the binary data for the report, as well as parameter and property information, among other things.  On deployment, various report properties are extracted and added to the Properties column of the Categories table in the ReportServer database.  A sample is displayed below:

1: <Properties>

2: <Language>en-US</Language>

3: <HasUserProfileQueryDependencies>False</HasUserProfileQueryDependencies>

4: <HasUserProfileReportDependencies>False</HasUserProfileReportDependencies>

5: <PageHeight>215.9</PageHeight>

6: <PageWidth>355.6</PageWidth>

7: <TopMargin>0</TopMargin>

8: <BottomMargin>0</BottomMargin>

9: <LeftMargin>0</LeftMargin>

10: <RightMargin>0</RightMargin>

11: </Properties>

SSRS appears to use the data stored in the Properties column to detect paper size and orientation…

\\\