Tallan's Technology Blog

Tallan's Top Technologists Share Their Thoughts on Today's Technology Challenges

Posts Tagged "SSRS"

SSRS Error After Cumulative Updates Applied

Brian Zebarth

After installing windows updates, SharePoint 2013 Service Pack 1 and the March 2016 Cumulative Update some users reported a problem with SSRS reports. They were receiving the following error message.
“Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: The item ‘http://sharepoint/sites/SiteName/LibraryName/FileName.rdl‘ cannot be found.”
The error was occurring sometimes as soon as they clicked the link to the RDL file and sometimes the report viewer would come up and the error appeared when attempting to run the report.
I reviewed the ULS Logs and found the following errors:
“Cannot find site lookup info for request Uri http://webservername:12345/{guid}/ReportExecution.svc.”
“Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: The item ‘http://sharepoint/sites/SiteName/LibraryName/FileName.rdl‘ cannot be found.;”
I did some research on the errors and found a few posts from people who had similar issues and they had success deleting and re-adding the Reporting Services Service Application. I decided I didn’t want to do that if I didn’t have to so I thought I would try…

SSRS 2008 CSV Design Problem Solved: Creating a Text File With Special Delimiters

mbomberger

One day I was given an interesting requirement – I needed to design a report that would render as a delimited text file. My first thought was to make it a report designed to be exported as a CSV, but I soon realized that the specs for this report required that the columns be separated by a “~” instead of a comma. My next thought was, this would be so much easier to do in SSIS (Sql Server Integration Services) where it fully and robustly supports the transfer of data in batch files, but that was out of the question. As the CSV format in SSRS delimits the data by comma, I needed to come up with a different method.

SSRS Summing Problem Solved

Micael George

While working on an SSRS Report for a client, I ran into a problem surrounding the summing of a particular field in my dataset, called “TotalAmount”. It seemed that the SSRS Sum function was returning double the amount that I was expecting. This was a result of my view returning multiple rows for items that had different values for a particular field; in this case the field was named “AllocationPercentage”. The “AllocationPercentage” field was from a temp table that was joined to the view, which caused several rows for a single item. I knew the view was correct, but I wasn’t quite sure how to get the SSRS Sum function to only sum particular rows.
To get around the summing issue, a couple steps were taken to solve the problem.
1)      I added a column for the row number, which was partitioned…

Solution: Linked Reports in SSRS Print with Incorrect Size or Orientation

Overview
When deploying reports to an SSRS server, the server creates a record in the Catalog table.  this table holds the report location, the binary data for the report, as well as parameter and property information, among other things.  On deployment, various report properties are extracted and added to the Properties column of the Categories table in the ReportServer database.  A sample is displayed below:

1: <Properties>

2: <Language>en-US</Language>

3: <HasUserProfileQueryDependencies>False</HasUserProfileQueryDependencies>

4: <HasUserProfileReportDependencies>False</HasUserProfileReportDependencies>

5: <PageHeight>215.9</PageHeight>

6: <PageWidth>355.6</PageWidth>

7: <TopMargin>0</TopMargin>

8: <BottomMargin>0</BottomMargin>

9: <LeftMargin>0</LeftMargin>

10: <RightMargin>0</RightMargin>

11: </Properties>

SSRS appears to use the data stored in the Properties column to detect paper size and orientation…

\\\